The Pilot methodology is established but as with all Pilots, it is open to improvement. That’s why we are working with a small group of Lancashire based schools so we can refine how we operate the Micro:Hub.
The Pilot comprises three monthly teacher CPD sessions each followed a week later by the same teachers bringing a small group of pupils (up to 8). The aim is to replicate the tutorials from knowledge gained during their CPD session. Up to 4 schools with up to 4 teachers per school will be invited to each group CPD session.
Content delivered in the sessions will be varied and cover coding, hardware, applications, projects, demonstrators and innovation. There will be opportunity to discuss specific issues with our team of professional experts.
During the Pilot, we are seeking feedback from both teachers any other interested party willing to offer suggestions on how we might improve our delivery. There is no charge for the Pilot.
The Pilot will operate from September 28th 2016 until December 16th 2016.
- Teacher Group 1 CPD Session: 28th September 2016 4pm-6pm
- Learner Group 1 Teacher & Pupil Session: 5th October 2016 9:30am-12:30pm
- Teacher Group 2 CPD Session: 9th November 2016 3:30pm-6pm
- Learner Group 2 Teacher & Pupil Session: 15th November 2016 9:30am-12:30pm
- Micro:Hub inauguration event: 22nd November 12 noon-1:30pm
- Teacher Group 3 CPD Session: 7th December 2016 4pm-6pm
- Special Christmas Showcase Event: 14th December 2016 9am-11:30am
Note: please check with our administrator on contact page for confirmation of above dates.
Open facility for Schools
The Micro:Hub facility is OPEN for other special STEM related events. Please contact us if you are interested in using the facility during its available times.
Following the Pilot and throughout 2017, the Micro:Hub is planning formal timetable for any Lancashire based school to attend either CPD sessions, special digital projects or student teaching programmes surrounding the BBC Micro:bit and its associated technologies. You can express your interest by contacting us now.